Senior UI/UX Artist
You are creative, enthusiastic, and have a passion for games, UI, Graphic Design and 2D Motion Graphics. You want to work for a studio that values creativity, collaboration, and quality, and want to work with like-minded game developers to create games that are innovative, inclusive, and fun for everyone. As a Senior UI/UX artist, you’re great at visualizing, have strong communication skills, and have a portfolio that demonstrates your skillset and creativity. But most importantly, you’re collaborative, able to work closely with Art, Design, and Software teams to create engaging User Interfaces and player experiences.
You will conceive, prototype, and document your designs before taking them to completion in game. As a Senior you will be expected to mentor less experienced members of the UI team.
- Create technical design for, and implement UI features of the game project across all areas with support of the design, software and art teams.
- Support the Lead Artist in artistic direction within a project to ensure that the project continues to be consistent in presentation.
- Work with team members from other disciplines to define and implement features.
- Mentor more junior members of the team to support their development.
- Continue to expand knowledge across all areas of the development to support the current project, and propose ideas for future projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates creativity, technical and artistic skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a willingness to experiment.
- Strong flowcharting, wireframing & prototyping skills.
- A great understanding of UI interaction and usability.
- An understanding of inclusive user interface tools and aims.
- Able to adapt your style to suit a variety of product themes, either with self-guidance or under the direction of team leads.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate and/or After Effects.
- Good communication skills.
- Released titles on consoles.
Preferred additional skills
- Experience working with multi-platform titles.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine 4.
- Knowledge of scripting.
- Working knowledge of Maya, Blender or other 3D software.
- Traditional 2D sketching and composition skills.
- Must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Must be willing to work onsite in Dundee, Scotland.