Senior Software Developer
You’ve been in the game industry for six or more years as a skilled C++ programmer, and you’re ready to take your career to the next level. As a Sr. Software Developer, you design, create, and implement features of the game across all areas, supporting the Lead Software Developer by maintaining standards within the project and supporting the game throughout its lifecycle. As a Senior Developer, you’re ready to mentor and develop junior developers while continuing to expand your own knowledge across all areas of development.
You will work with other programmers, artists, designers, production staff, and other team members involved in the development of a game project. We encourage Software Developers to become experts in areas that interest them, however, prefer to allow the ability to work across the project rather than become specialists locked into a specific role.
We have multiple projects at various stages of development, both using Unreal Engine, and also our own in-house technology.
- Create technical design for, and implement, features of the game project across all areas.
- Support the Lead Software Developer in maintaining standards within a project to ensure that the project continues to be maintainable.
- Work with team members from other disciplines to define and implement features.
- Mentor more junior members of the team to support their development.
- Continue to expand knowledge across all areas of the development to support the current project, and propose ideas for future projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 6 years experience as a Software Developer/Engineer in the Games Industry.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Familiar with common source control tools.
- Experience working within a large codebase, working independently and collaborating with a larger team.
- Experience working with Visual Studio.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with multi-platform titles.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine.
- Released titles on consoles.
- Technical expertise in at least on area of Games Development.
- Experience optimising and debugging a complex C++ project.
- Must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Must be willing to work onsite in Dundee or East Linton, Scotland.