You’ve successfully shipped multiple games on PC or console on time and on budget, and now you want to take on more. You’re ready to lead multiple PC and console titles, have more input on the games you help create, and pass on the habits and methodologies that have helped you bring great games to market.
4J Studios Ltd, developers of Minecraft Console Edition based in Dundee, Scotland, are looking for an experienced, process-oriented Senior Producer with solid, proven experience in video games as both a creator and player. This position will place the successful candidate in a production leadership role on one or more PC and console game titles, collaborating and problem solving with peers from art, code, game design, and audio.
As Senior Producer, the successful candidate will facilitate the development of high-quality console and PC game software using both the Unreal Engine as well as in-house technology and tools. The Senior Producer will report directly to the studio Creative Director & Executive Producer and will be responsible for overseeing schedules, assigning and prioritizing resources and tasks, and ensuring all assigned game titles are delivered on time, on budget, and meet or exceed quality expectations. Once launched, the Senior Producer will continue to provide oversight of the live content roadmap and will be responsible for maintaining key performance indicators.
The Senior Producer will also provide mentoring and career development to more junior producers, passing on best-practices, production skills, and project management methodologies that have helped you successfully bring games to market.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all project management, budget, and scheduling issues on assigned projects.
- Be accountable for the overall quality, budget, and delivery targets for all project milestones.
- Drive project deadlines without compromising the integrity of the game .
- Work closely with the lead game designer and other project leads to ensure the creative vision and design spec can be executed within scope, and adjust as necessary.
- Identify and mitigate risks and bottlenecks associated with key milestones, and communicate issues and course corrections to studio leadership in a timely manner.
- Lead stand-ups, sprint planning sessions, sprint reviews, milestone reviews, and retrospectives.
- Manage, assign, and prioritize tasks against the feature backlog and help the team delegate tasks, manage workloads, and assign realistic delivery dates.
- Work with the Executive Producer to analyze and improve production pipelines and workflows.
- Serve as a resource and mentor for junior team members, providing professional expertise, advice, and potential solutions when conflicts or problems arise.
- Help the team creatively solve problems when encountering delays or technical setbacks
- Create and present Project Updates, Milestone Reviews, and lead Production Green-light Meetings with studio leadership.
- Provide clearly communicated actionable feedback on game builds and prototypes from the point of view as a player/end-user.
- Cultivate a positive team dynamic and collaborative atmosphere.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated track record of producing and launching high-quality PC, console, or VR/AR/XR games
- Deep knowledge of game development processes and production methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
- Comfortable working with 1st party console TCRs/TRCs and launching games on digital marketplaces like Steam, Xbox, Switch, etc.
- Familiar with common game development tools and project management apps like JIRA, Confluence, Trello, Azure, GitHub, etc.
- The ability to work well within a collaborative creative environment, working closely with game designers, artists, programmers, and senior management.
- The ability to produce detailed production schedules, milestone definitions, and resource/staffing plans.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, technical writing skills, and presentation skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects at different stages of development.
- Passion for the latest PC and console video games and game hardware (must be a Gamer).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Practical experience using Unreal Engine.
- Good understanding of games-as-service and live operations, analyzing KPIs, and producing content roadmaps for live titles.
- Skilled PowerPoint or Keynote user and very comfortable presenting to senior management and external partners.
- Comfortable managing hybrid teams of onsite and remote teammates, external outsourcers, and other consultants/vendors.
- Experienced people manager.
- Experience working with IP licenses a plus.
Education & Experience
- University degree preferred, or demonstrates through portfolio or credited titles an industry standard level of professional video game production or project management experience.
- Graduate of an academic video game program and/or professional internship is desirable.
- 8+ years experience in the game development industry as a producer and/or product owner.
- 3+ commercially released game titles on console, mobile, VR/AR/XR, or PC.
- Must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Must be willing to work onsite in Dundee, Scotland.