Lead Software Developer
As an experienced senior software developer, you’ve used your excellent C++ programming skills to successfully launch games on PC or console, and now you’re ready for the challenges of leadership. You can support and direct the technical design and implementation of game features and develop workflows and standards that help the team deliver their best. You’re ready to support the personal development of your software team, keeping up to date with advances in research and technology to continuously push your team and our games forwards
You will work with other programmers, artists, designers, production staff, and other team members involved in the development of a game project. We encourage Software Developers to become experts in areas that interest them, however, prefer to allow the ability to work across the project rather than become specialists locked into a specific role.We have multiple projects at various stages of development, both using Unreal Engine, and also our own in-house technology.
- Lead a team of Software Developers in development of one of our game projects.
- Support and direct the technical design and implementation of game features across all areas of the project.
- Work with the Project Lead and Leads from other disciplines to help plan the delivery of the game.
- Work with the Head of Software and CTO to develop workflows and standards that allow the Software teams to work at their best and ensure the project continues to be maintainable.
- Support the personal development of a team of Software Developers.
- Keep up to date with advances in research and technology to continuously push our team and technology forwards.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 6 years experience as a Software Developer/Engineer in the Games Industry.
- At least 2 years experience with leadership responsibilities in the Games Industry.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Familiar with common game development tools and project management apps like Azure DevOps, Trello, JIRA, GitHub, etc.
- Familiar with common source control tools.
- The ability to work well within a collaborative creative environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and technical writing skills.
- Experience working with Visual Studio.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with multi-platform titles.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine.
- Released titles on consoles.
- Must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Must be willing to work onsite in Dundee or East Linton, Scotland.